Thursday 23 June 2016

Wisdom v Extremism, Religion and Atheism


Written by Mathew Naismith

First of all, I'm not equating religion to wisdom and atheism to extremism, this would be a pretty dopey thing to do for obvious reasons, what I am going to write about is the seriousness of extremism and how extremisms are anti-wisdom even though they might be pro-knowledge. With all the knowledge we have today, why are we still warring more than ever and destroying ourselves and the environment we rely on for our existence to the degree we are? This to me is a sign that we have lost or exterminated wisdom within human consciousness, basically, through our extremist perceptions or more precisely, preconceptions.

I was going to write this post up differently to what I have but the replies I received in regards to my last post, determined the way I was actually going to write this post. I will start this post of  with some wise words from another person who replied to my last post, I am also going to insert other peoples replies and my own replies back to them.


Reply
Hi Mathew. Hope you are well. When I was more religious I had problems with atheists myself.

If you post this blog to an atheist/agnostic site you will get a lot of push back from them.

I had a deep religious experience years ago, so l know I can tap into the power of reality itself and have always just given it an intimate name calling it God. This is probably a personification of all of reality. I like giving it the proper name of God so I can have more of a deeper relationship with this infinite source of consciousness (as you say). 

When I was having problems with the atheists I noticed there was some power they were taping into as well. I couldn't understand for the life of me why anyone would even consider being an atheist. So I did some research on atheism and different atheists and had what I call a freethinker experience. I started thinking strictly from my own brain and mind and now understand what they are talking about. They just want reason and evidence to back up every assertion made.

At heart I am more of a theist, not an atheist because I experience "God" in everything and have a real connection with all of life. But to be honest I'm not sure atheist or theist are great words to use in the first place. They are divisive words.

We are all human beings just looking for love and truth from the reality we live in.

I think God and Reality are synonyms. God is a spiritual word for a personification of reality which in my opiniin is so important. And reality is just a secular word. Both are pointing to whatever that objective/consciousness/infinite/eternal/cause is.

A good site which helped me was
thankgodforevolution.com

My Reply
Wise words indeed as usual Sal.

I'm the same Sal, I call this wise energy source God as well as most people relate to this better if I call this kind of creative energy source God. I certainly don't have a fear of using the word God anymore like I did.

My upbringing was atheistic, however, not extreme like the atheism that we are all experiencing today, a little more balanced and open minded but still anti-God. What changed this was the actual experiences I went through, I however thoroughly understand why anyone who hasn't had these same or simular experiences, would be anti-God or fearful of God existing. The point is, why turn atheism into but another extremist ideology? I know why but isn't it a bit stupid to do so, haven't we got enough extremism in the world today? Wisdom tells us so I believe.

I however disagree that most atheists  just want reason and evidence to back up every assertion made, they disregarded every bit of information based on scientific evidence I give them, I proved this so many times it's not funny when interacting with atheists. The only reason to deny such evidence and collective information is the following of an extreme ideology/belief system. It doesn't matter how you present this, they will not have it. The threat being that their belief system might be proved to be a fallacy built upon utter blind faith. I know why most atheists fear this kind of knowledge, however, not all atheists are extreme within their beliefs like this, this is important to remember.

By the way, I've confronted atheists head on, on their own ground in regards to these matters, this has given me a much better insight as I'm not just talking from the research point of view but from my own actual experiences.

Much Blessings My Friend,
Mathew     

Reply

My Reply
I utterly agree with this, thank you.

Extremism isn't keeping our feet on the ground, this is evident to me, this is why I try to convey balance is the key, not extremism in any ism. I must then ask myself, am I anti-extremism? No, the reason being that if this is the path that some must tread, so be it but please beware that you don't have to tread this path, there are always other paths to tread that keep your feet on the ground without creating a continuous flow of drama in our lives.

I'm going to use our interaction here in my next post. Thank you BE......

____________________


Now the following reply was from an atheist it would seem, its actually quite surprisingly sedate, I didn't however insert our whole conversion in this post, I couldn't see the need, as I didn't insert other atheists responses as they were, to me,  too preconceived. I should point out that I use the word preconceived because once we perceive from a particular box (ism), we often have preconceived ideas about everybody else's perceptions, this has been evident in the eight years I have been on the net.   

____________________

Reply
I won't waste too much time on your blogpost, as I already have done that by reading it. And boy do you spam Google+ by advertising your blog post in multiple communities, (probably in facebook too)

You claim about atheism that:

1: The dictionaries state clearly it's of doctrines and a belief  

What dictionary do you use? One written by Ken Ham or Pat Robertson? Mine says: lacking religious belief or a particular religious faithNotice the word "lacking".

2: These atheists defended their atheism to the same degree a religious person with extreme ideologies would, stooping to unbelievable depths to do so.

How can one not defend what one thinks. I do not think that your god doesn't exist. I think that there are no gods whatsoever, no gnomes too, no mermaids, no spirits. So I also think there is no Zeus, no Allah, no Toothfairy. Does that make me a a-toothfairy-ist? BTW, what are your thoughts about Lono?

That's enough, I'm going to do more important things.


My Reply
My friend, you have proven my point once again, you will to the utter end defend your belief system which clearly indicates an extreme ideological belief system. Why be so defensive of atheism being related to a belief in the first place when the concept/belief of atheism is not based on utter facts but assumptions? The thorough denial of this just shows how preconceived atheism is, it's my way or nothing. Sound awfully religious to me.

This is exactly what I mean about preconceived perceptions, you preconceived this is my God, show me where is my God, prove that I have a God....Science has shown me there is more to us than what we perceive and that it's quite possible the universe was created from a much more advanced consciousness, end of story. I do call this God's consciousnesses as more people without your preconceptions relate to this better. Your fear of this God existing is so evident it's not funny Wilko.

Now do you see how atheism has given you bias preconceived perceptions, big mistake my friend and atheists are supposed to be more intelligent. I cannot think of any other belief system that is any more ignorant than atheism except religious extremist ideologies. If the truth hurts Wilko, ask yourself why is the truth so hurtful. Just a bit of wisdom that your extremist atheism is trying to destroy and that too is true.

Why choose to believe in an obvious extreme ism, why not agnosticism? Because atheism is acting against religion which again proves my point within my posts. Wilko, you have given me more material to work on, thank you and I am sincere in this, not that you would want to believe that.

____________________

"It would seem to me that extremism is anti-wisdom, no extremism is conducive to wisdom, human history quite clearly shows us this"........Mathew G 

Why indeed choose a more radical extremist view in opposition to but another radical extremist view, not that religion itself is extremist as atheism isn't extremist but most often, especially these days, it's the people of these isms that are extreme within their views.

Now it's interesting to why and how these radical extremist views are killing off the wisdom in the world, what is occurring in regards to religious extremists is but one example, my way or nothing, meaning, it's my perceptions and beliefs or nothing. I have actually received the same exact response from atheists, no matter how much evidence I supplied from people far more intelligent then they are to support my claims, it was there way or nothing. They said they wanted to discus these claims but it was in their way. It was evident it had to be in line with their own preconceived perceptions of what my claims were, why would anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence enter into a discussion totally built upon preconceived perceptions? They needed to control what I was stating because it was a threat to their belief system atheism, I wasn't going there, what would be the point!!

I bet a lot of atheists are not aware of a ruler, around 1000 AD, in the Middle-East who sought out wisdom and knowledge from around the world, there not all barbarian, in actuality, atheism today is.

It is noticeably barbaric to make people ill so you can live off of them, we are not talking about believers here but people who have no ethics or moral to guide them like so many other isms do. Warring is also necessary to keep the economy going only so that the elite can live off of warring, if this isn't barbaric, what is? This is only the tip of the iceberg.

We might then look upon the believers and in how barbaric they are even with the guidance of ethics and morals within their isms? As any true believer knows, anyone who expresses barbarism, isn't a true believer, this includes all the high church officials. It is obvious they are not true believers but non-believers. Would any true believer who is full of fear of going to hell, for example, commit any kind of barbarism that would lead to hell? It is obvious they had no belief at all, in actuality, it is clear these people weren't true believers, they were non-believers, atheists. Indeed, this goes way back to the religious Dark-Ages and even further.

Atheism is often cloaked in many different colours, look at the deception in society and the media today, it's rampant because there are no ethic or moral standards, anything goes. Religion hasn't proved it's worthiness either, the deception of non-believing is staggering. Science is the same, look at the horror and terror science has created, weapons of mutilation on a huge scale, pollution on a massive scale and the creation of medicines and other toxic substance to keep us ill so that the elite can live off of us.

You should now start to get an idea off why there is so little wisdom left in the world, knowledge yes, wisdom no.

Just say a religious group or atheism took control of the entire world, we would first thing that we would have peace an harmony, no, for the simple reason that both religion and atheism will be engulfed by different factions and without a doubt, radical extremist factions. Is there any balance in a world of one kind of preconceptions, it's this or nothing? We are suppose to have different perceptions, different isms and ideologies. Void of extremism, these different isms and ideologies give us balance and wisdom. If these isms and ideologies become controlled by extremisms, all we have is an unbalanced existence with no sight of peace and harmony in sight, certainly no morals or ethics or wisdom but plenty of knowledge to destroy ourselves and each other.

This next part will most likely not go down too well with some Westerners.

The first country in the world to embrace wisdom, will influence the rest of the world for eternity, I'm afraid it won't be a Western country but an Eastern country. If you look at the amount of wisdom of the Middle-East, China and India, it is most likely that the country that will embrace wisdom, will come from one or maybe two of these countries or areas of the world. Don't make the mistake of judging these countries or areas of the world by the present, this again would be a preconception perception brought about by our own bias created by being only able to perceive in certain ways. Fixating ourselves to certain perceptions only isn't wisdom, it's anarchy and will only create anarchy.

Note: I think it's also a mistake to equate Western style atheism to Buddhism, Buddhism can never be extreme within it's philosophies, if it does, it's no longer Buddhism!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment