Wednesday 18 November 2015

Are We More Worthy Than The Ego?


Written by Mathew Naismith


I was recently asked to participate on an Indigo forum site, I was called all sorts of names and I was just plainly wrong and my posts were often called BS, I certainly wasn't well received mainly because my perceptions weren't of their perceptions. Being asked to participate on this site, I didn't expect this.

What this post is actually about is the difference between Eastern and Western thinking, at times this difference is significant leading to misconceptions and even bad behaviour. I think, "Are we more worthy than the ego", is a good place to start to give you a better understanding of the difference between different perception. I posted the following on this Indigo site        

Are we more worthy than the ego? Most spiritually aware Westerners would answer yes, however, most spiritually aware Easterners would answer this question with a no, this again shows us how different cultures perceive..   

Should we change such a disdainful reality? Again, most spiritually aware Westerners would say yes as they have measured and judged this reality in disdain and this is exactly what they are doing.

What would a truly wise person do in this case? They would first of all stay away from expressing any kind of destruction controlled by the ego through simple observation. This however doesn't change a reality, it creates a reality but not in reaction to any kind of  disdainfulness.

Westerners have obviously lost their wisdom, this wisdom was replaced by a controlling ego, however, this is also occurring in the East, their wisdom is being quite quickly replaced by a controlling ego, China is a prime example of this.

Now there's going to be some Western thinking people who will say I'm full of BS and say I am wrong and probably call me names, this doesn't show me how much they do know, this just shows me how much they don't know.

No doubt some Western thinking people will even say I am above myself or I am talking absolute truths, the big difference is, Easterners don't think in this way, the reason being is simple, egotism. Western people do seem to have a much bigger controlling ego to contend with, probably because they lost their wisdom long ago.

It's really sad to see this occurring in the East, especially India. I should say a lot of what I stated here has been endorsed by a few people from India.


I humble myself to egotism, this means expressing egotism without disdain for egotism, I wonder how many western people will understand this in it's correct form? To have disdain of  expressing the ego in the first place, is of a controlling ego in the first place. Look at yourself as being no less or more worthy to egotism, within this, there is nothing to measure or judge!!  


The following might share a little more light on this subject, the following is a reply I received in regards to this post and my subsequent reply.  

Ego taken to extreme is the personality disorder narcissism. It is pandemic in the west.


My Reply
Yes it is sadly enough and it's spreading to the east it would seem. 

My first response to this post was from a person from India, she simply stated Namaste.

I also received responses from people in the West and all they could say is egotism is negative. the problem with this is any judged disdain also reflects egotism. 

When I humble myself to egotism, I do it without being intentionally destructive. It's actually unwise to express egotism but even the wise humbled themselves to egotism. You don't have to express egotism to be humbled by it, as long as you don't express it in a destructive way, egotism can actually help us evolve. 

The last thing a true spiritually aware person wants to express is egotism, when this occurs, they are truly humbled!! All what one is really doing is learning not to express any disdain or dislike of egotism.  
I hope this makes sense Reenee.          

No comments:

Post a Comment