Tuesday 13 May 2014

Love, Lust and Unconditional Love


Written by Mathew Naismith

I came across a discussion recently about love, lust and unconditional love; I thought I would post and share this on my blog.  Is love needed to create lust and can lust exist without love? How does unconditional love come into all this?


It would seem psychology puts them in the same basket, lust being created from love however love obviously doesn’t always create lust but it does create attachments.  


Having worked in the welfare arena, I worked with paedophiles at times; there lust is love to them, lust creates an attachment which turns to love. Most often paedophiles become quite fond of the children they abuse, clergy paedophiles are a good example of this however not all paedophiles abuse turns to love.  In this case it’s just pure lust creating an attachment to lust.   

I should point out, I don’t know how we are getting love & lust mixed up with unconditional love, most partners have conditions.

I said to my wife, if she ever finds anyone that also makes her happy you have my blessing to share yourself with them as well, this is unconditional love, if she is happy so am I, what else is there but my partners happiness?   This denotes an attachment to my wife’s happiness which in turn makes me happy, not just an attachment to my own happiness.  


We shouldn’t confuse this with the likes of wife swapping, wife swapping is very similar to paedophilia because like paedophiles lust creates an attachment but the attachment isn’t to love but lust itself, lust creating an attachment to lust.  This of course upsets a lot of wife swappers but there are similarities if they like it or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment