Saturday 26 April 2014

Recreating a Sterile Environment


Written by Mathew Naismith



Note: I thought I better add a supplement to this post as some people have taken this in a different way to what this post is actually about. Everyone desires, desiring is fine like desiring a ring or holiday for instance but it’s how we desire that effects our reality. Take desiring a ring for instance, are we helping others fulfil their needs when we buy such a ring to not giving a thought to how it’s effecting our environment and other people.   


I’ve been away for a week’s holiday cruising around the Coral Sea islands experiencing the best of the best people one could ever want to experience.   My wife & I ended up giving nearly $200.00 in tips alone.  This has a fair bit to do with my reply to a post on how we are our own masters. 


We will continue to so call suffer as long as we refuse to accept to just live for our needs as opposed desires.

To live for just our needs is far more spectacular than living for our desires, what I am experiencing at the very moment utterly proves this to me.

I don't personally desire a better existence however we have come to a collective point that what we need will now surpass anything desire could have ever given us.

Our needs have outstripped our desires, we no longer live in a sterile virtually untouched environment mentally, physically or spiritually.

To live in a hut with very few possessions is living for a need however most of us live in an environment of contaminated consciousness. This brings us to desire a better existence & the more we desire this better existence the more we contaminate this consciousness turning it into something even more chaotic.

How many centuries have various people & cultures been praying, chanting & meditating for a better existence & all what has come from this is more chaos & degradation of one kind or another????

Our needs have changed from a once sterile environment, all we have to do to recreate another sterile environment is stop desiring I believe.

Ask yourself honestly, what has caused a once sterile environment to become unsterile & contaminated? The answer is of course desire, feel on this!!


My wife & I desired to go on a cruise but inadvertently helped these beautiful people out by taking the cruise in the first place & giving the tips we did when appropriate.  Our desire fulfilled someone else’s need so was our desire any longer just a desire?  This is the trick, knowing when we are living by our own personal desires to living for our own and other people’s needs.  

I think once our own personal desires fulfils other people’s needs we are no longer living by our own desires but for a need.  However if my wife and I never considered tipping, especially the amount we did, or considered how we have helped others by taking such a trip, I believe we would be living by our desires.  


There is another trick in not living by our own desires but for needs, no matter how influential, affluent or aware/knowledgeable we are supposably over and above others, we should never see ourselves being exalted or lowlier people than others. Once we see ourselves as a higher or lowlier ranked person than anyone else we have begun to live by our desires instead of our and other people’s needs I believe. This is just my perception on this. 

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I went to Starbucks tonight, and we all tried the new Blonde Coffee. That was the extent of my desire for today, though I did really really want a cheeseburger, but denied myself. We have very little money, because we do not live for work, but work to live, and we enjoy the small things. Even with little we try to give, and we try to help, or at least minimize the amount of harm. Ours is almost a monastic life I sometimes think, for even monks have computers nowadays.

    God Bless You Matthew, and it is good to have you back and posting again.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has desires no matter how small they are, the trick is not to allow these desires to master it over us all the times. The funny thing is sometimes our desires can help in other people's needs, buying a Blonde Coffee helps in other people's needs believe it or not, coffee planters & workers for starters.

      Delete